Thursday, February 27th - Saturday, February 29th
The 2020 Spring meeting of the Florida Chapter of the American Association of Physicists in Medicine will be held at The Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld in Orlando, FL. A welcome reception will be held on the evening of Thursday, February 27th. A full-day of presentations will be held on Friday, February 28th followed by a half-day of presentations on Saturday, February 29th.
Renaissance Orlando at Seaworld
6677 Sea Harbor Drive
Orlando, FL 32821
Spring Agenda 2020
Student abstracts will be considered for presentation during the meeting or a poster session during the Thursday evening reception.
Call for Abstracts
Members are encouraged to bring their own posters for the Thursday night welcome reception/poster session. Please note that only students are eligible for oral presentations and the cash awards.
FLAAPM group room rate is $159/night. Make reservations online or over the phone prior to Monday, February 10th to receive the group rate. If making reservations over the phone please mention the FLAAPM group to receive the group rate.
- Reservations Phone Number: 1-407-351-5555
A 50% discount on self-parking is included for all attendees. The full rate for parking is currently $28/day.
An optional resort fee of $30/day can be added to any reservation at the time of booking. This resort fee includes the following:
- Enhanced Wireless In-room Internet
- Transportation to Disney World, Universal Studios and the Orlando Premium Outlets (Vineland Ave. Location). Reservations need to be made the day prior at the Navigator desk before 9pm
- Welcome Resort Beverage (Two coupons per room, per stay to include beer and wine)
- Breakfast for Children under 12 (2 kids per 1 adult purchase, Tradewinds only • 10% Discount on dinner in Tradewinds (alcohol not included)
The meeting program will cover topics of radiation therapy, diagnostic radiology, nuclear medicine, or medical health physics. An agenda will be added to the meeting page when available. The meeting agenda will include one hour of medical errors CE and one hour of HIV/AIDS CE credits.
FLAAPM has applied for CAMPEP accreditation of up to 12 medical physics CE credit hours and 12 hours from the state of FL.